Decadent… Delicious… Creamy… Salty and sweet…
These chocolate peanut butter cups are all of those and more. I’ve been meaning to try to replicate these little treats at home for a long time, but never seemed to get around to it. Most of the brands out there, even the natural ones, contain dairy, so they’re out for those of us who are lactose intolerant or vegan. So today I finally got a wild hair and made some! How is it that I didn’t know how easy they would be?! It’s much simpler than I expected, even with the assembly of the little cups. And only four ingredients to boot!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- ⅓ cup natural, salted peanut butter or other nut butter/seed butter
- 3 packets Stevia (or 2 Tbs agave nectar)
- 1¼ cups semisweet dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (optional, gives the chocolate a coconut flavor)
- Place peanut butter in a mixing bowl with stevia or agave and stir well. Refrigerate.
- Melt chocolate chips over a double boiler or in the microwave in 30-second increments. Once melted, stir in coconut oil.
- Arrange 8 standard (or 14 mini) paper muffin liners in a muffin tin or on a plate. Spoon in about 2 tsp of melted chocolate and use a brush or small spoon to coat the liner with chocolate halfway up the sides of the liners (or all the way up the sides for mini cups) . Refrigerate for 10 minutes to set.
- Spoon in 1 Tbsp amounts of peanut butter and smooth it into the chocolate cup. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Cover the tops with equal parts of the remaining melted chocolate.
- Place back in the refrigerator to set. Cover gently and store in the refrigerator for up to one week. Freeze for longer storage (or a colder treat!).
I used peanut butter in these but sunflower butter would be so delicious – I will be trying them that way next time!
Want to dive right through the screen yet?
Give them a shot, they’re really easy, I promise! And way better than storebought, in my opinion.
What’s your favorite homemade version of a store-bought snack?
Share in the comments!
And friends, don’t forget to share pics of your own peanut butter cups!
Till next time,